Monday, July 09, 2007

Web 2.0 is a 'buzzword'. Not a 'type of business'.

I have worked in the internet world since 1998 and therefore have seen all the buzzwords come and go a million times. I have also caught myself using them more than a few times.

But enough is enough. I have just heard so many people say "its very web 2.0". Then look at me like I know what that means. The three things I could probably tell is that it has a lower case, soft colored logo, that it had removed a vowel from the name like flikr and that it was eternally in that cool beta stage.

And now thank god, someone who is seen as a heavyweight in the industry has come out and said it.

Marc Andreessen Talks: Why there's no such thing as Web 2.0.

If I hear "its very web 2.0" again I am going to spill my Dr Pepper on their shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home