Thursday, December 06, 2007

Google Apps on iPhone ? Shouldn't We Get iPhone To Work First ?

I am a mac lover as some of you know.

I cannot even find the words to write another post about how bad the Apple iPhone is. It is beyond the excuse of being "First Generation" glitch time. It is an embarassment to the people behind it, associated with it and attached to it. I am currently in a meeting of pretty high level marketing people and we had one person send an email to all of us. They got it in 30 seconds on their Blackberry's - they are also on AT&T. I received it on the iPhone 4 minutes later. People were lauging at how bad the phone was.

It is probably a good time Apple withdraw the phone from the market. They need to do something big - because this is an unmitigated failure. I have never felt so betrayed by a brand and for the first time in my life, I am looking at non-Mac computer products.

I am taking my iPhone back and handing it in. It has done nothing but decrease my productivity and cause frustration.

Low lights:

- When using anything like SMS or Email or iPod, you get about 40% of your calls.
- Email application runs a spinning "Connecting" wheel for minutes and minutes before starting to to download emails.
- The email preview doesnt work - it will not let you view an email until whole thing downloads.
- Sending an email takes about 4-5 mins on average
- Receiving takes 4-5 mins on average.
- Battery life is about 2 hours on normal business use

Please stay away from it and tell as many people as you can to do the same thing if they want to stay connected and productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home