Monday, May 01, 2006

Productivity as a reason for exercising

Here's a piece in Mens Health I came across on Lifehack. Its some good advice for me and I think the entire Web 2.0 community can benefit from it. I also think there is a very healthy need for it in the lives of those of us who spend 8-12 hours per day sitting and craning over a computer screen.

The basic proposition - backed by research - is that exercise, more specifically, running makes you smarter and more productive. Web 2.0 is all about increased productivity and so I figure this article provides a compelling case for regular exercise in a language we will better respond to.

Here’s a quote from Arkansas Governor Huckabee, who lost over 110 pounds in a year and is a huge proponent of exercise now.

“I’m more creative, because I have mental energy. When I finish running several miles, it’s like my mind is running on overdrive,” he says. And, he adds, “It’s made a dramatic difference in my ability to focus.”

-Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home